Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009







Now how corny is the title. Well anyways There was a Great blue heron in my front yard the other day and I got some pictures of it! To bad they didn't look good. So here are some for the Internet. As you can see they like to live around water (which there is a creek in my front yard). As shown they have long beaks which helps them scoop up frogs, small fish, and crawdads. (also called crayfish or crawl fish) Their wingspan is 66-79 in. long. Let me tell you when you see one take off from a 4 foot wide creek and fly off into the distance, it is B-E-A-U-tiful.
info courtesy of wikipedia.
Pictures from:
pinker.wjh.harvard.edu
mentaldeviant.wordpress.com
tigerhomes.org

2 comments:

I'm just me... said...

These birds are very beautiful. I recently saw one eating a fish that it caught at Maple Lake. You could see the fish travel all the way down it's throat. Definately interesting!

AsurvivorKid said...

YUMMY!?